Inguinal hernia

Contribute here, your experiences, tips, advice, requests for help on any subject relating to Ball Stretching.
NB attachments are limited to 60Kb / image size max. 500px x 500px and resolution no more than 72dpi please

Moderators: bobbyballsack, DaveSmith, tundraman

Niccolo

Inguinal hernia

Postby Niccolo » April 20th, 2018, 2:10 am

I was born with an inguinal hernia on the right side and it was corrected by (at the time, very risky) surgery. Now, quite recently, I got a pain on the left side and had emergency surgery.

Since I have had an addiction to ball stretching for a decade or more, and since the surgery was only three weeks ago, I am wondering whether it will ever be OK to resume my much enjoyed practice. So I wonder whether anyone has had a similar experience to mine. and what they did post-op?

tundraman
Sexuality: Bisexual
Time stretching?: 3 + years
Stretching usage: WMCs
Your hang: free 6.5 inch
Stretching intensity: 24/7/365 until I reached my goal.
Now I only stretch when I feel like it.
Height and weight: 70 inch, 155 pounds

Re: Inguinal hernia

Postby tundraman » April 20th, 2018, 11:29 pm

I had my inguinal hernia repaired with mesh 19 years ago. If I recall correctly the doctor had me on lifting and abdominal straining restrictions for about a month or two. This was way before I started stretching. But it is probably a good guide line as the repair to the tear in this passage through the abdomen takes some time to set in and heal. I would give it the first month then start slowly with the lightest weight you got and slowly progress from there. Most inguinal hernias are painless and only detected by the abdominal bump that forms at the tear. They aren't very dangerous because there are no intestines to get trapped near the site.
Gett'er Down, Chuck
Index of info posts - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=931
Jarod's guide: http://www.secretleather.com/jarod.johansen
Dave's Secretleather site for real WMC's: http://www.secretleather.com/

Return to “Shared experience for Ball Stretchers”