Leather stretcher issue

Contribute here, your experiences, tips, advice, requests for help on any subject relating to Ball Stretching.
NB attachments are limited to 60Kb / image size max. 500px x 500px and resolution no more than 72dpi please

Moderators: bobbyballsack, DaveSmith, tundraman

Fantasack
Time stretching?: Since June 2013
Stretching usage: Mostly WMC weights, but I also regularly use a home-designed attachment system for heavy-weighting my balls over short periods. I also use both USSR's and the Forcer on a regular basis.
Your hang: 9 inches, which is enough for me! Now holding.
Stretching intensity: 24/7, but now at maintenance intensity
Your relationship status: Married (officially or otherwise)
Are you pierced?: No
Other sexual practices: Anal stimulation, ball-spanking, heavy weighting

Leather stretcher issue

Postby Fantasack » June 16th, 2017, 10:20 pm

I’ve just noticed a potentially significant feature of the construction of Secretleather’s excellent leather stretchers. Since I’m nearing the point at which I’m completely comfortable with my hang and don’t want to push for a lot more, I’m now using leather with increasing frequency as a maintenance tool as opposed to a means of pushing for more stretch.

You simply can’t beat leather for maintenance – having very little weight, a leather stretcher physically holds your balls at whatever hang length the stretcher has built in without pushing the surrounding sack skin for more growth. In other words, the pressure of a properly-sized leather stretcher can easily be directed at the balls rather than at the sack. This is really helpful in allowing the balls to catch up with the surrounding skin, since their cords stretch less rapidly than the scrotal sack. I now sleep in leather pretty much every night. I don’t need a lot more hang length, but I do need my balls to nestle down at the bottom on a consistent basis! The use of leather will do that for me.

The thing that I’ve noticed is that not all leather stretchers are created equal! My attention was drawn to this by the recent purchase of a new 3½ inch leather stretcher for maintenance wear. This doesn’t exert any pressure on my sack, which can easily accommodate it – rather, it keeps the balls down below where they want to hang out, thus encouraging cordal growth without increasing hang overall.

I found the new stretcher to be far less comfortable initially than the 4 inch item that I have been wearing quite a lot lately. In particular, I experienced some pain around the lower edge against my balls. Upon inspection, I found that there are two distinct edge configurations with these items. They are made by double-folding the leather to create a very sturdy three-ply structure. This means that one end will present a smooth nicely rounded edge – the two outer layers wrap around the third inner layer. The other end shows a two-ply fold with a third separate layer underneath. Hopefully this image will demonstrate the differences. The one on the left is the one which gave me some initial discomfort.
Forum no.44.jpg
Forum no.44.jpg (45.41 KiB) Viewed 1268 times

The problem is that the third layer which is exposed at this end has a relatively sharp inner edge to it, as opposed to the smooth rounded edge at the other end. You obviously want to wear the stretcher with the weight ring downwards, besides which fitting the thing is much easier that way for a right-handed person like me. With the new stretcher, that end has the visible edge of the third ply exposed, and that’s the edge that goes against the balls. I was getting some discomfort from the pressure points which this created. It’s really bad if you add a little weight to the weight ring, as I sometimes do.

Oddly enough, this is the first Secretleather stretcher that I’ve bought which did not have the weight ring at the “smooth” end against the balls. I asked Dave Smith about this, and he told me that the weight ring up to now has been installed randomly at either end. I guess I’ve been lucky! Dave says that he will begin to specify the placement of the weight ring at the “smooth” end from now on. I thoroughly endorse that plan! Dave's responsiveness to comments like this is one of the reasons why I feel so comfortable in recommending his fine products.

Of course, with repeated use the sharp edge soon becomes less sharp and begins to lose its cutting power. My new stretcher is already feeling quite a bit better, and I expect this improvement to continue. However, it was a bit off-putting at the start!

Anyone else had any issues with this?

Theoldguy
Sexuality: Bisexual
Time stretching?: 26 months
Stretching usage: Weights & leather stretchers
Your hang: 6 inches
Stretching intensity: Daily regular O K method weights during he day ussrs and weights at night
Height and weight: 5 11. 14 st
Other sexual practices: edging stretching and trying new things
I am bi curious ???
Seeking like minded local playmate

Re: Leather stretcher issue

Postby Theoldguy » June 17th, 2017, 8:39 am

I too have had initial problems and found with a little light abrasion and an application of lube is was cured it wasn't really too much trouble the overall quality of the Sl leather stretchers is excellent so much better than cheaper alternative sites and well worth the expense
My observations are that they are designed for the job I too use my 4 inch leather as maintenance it's so incredibly light fir sleeping

Fantasack
Stretching usage: Mostly WMC weights, but I also regularly use a home-designed attachment system for heavy-weighting my balls over short periods. I also use both USSR's and the Forcer on a regular basis.

Postby Fantasack » June 19th, 2017, 4:38 am

I agree completely with the remark about quality! Before I discovered Secretleather I used some (far shorter) leather stretchers from other suppliers - just what I could get locally. The quality difference is night and day - as you say, well worth the extra cost!

Fantasack

Postby Fantasack » June 23rd, 2017, 10:51 pm

A quick update - I've persevered with the new stretcher. I actually sanded the sharp edge very lightly (being very careful not to abrade the stitching), which took away much of its cutting power. Some more sack time furthered the work, and it's now as comfortable as any of my other leather stretchers for long-term wear. I remain convinced however that having the weight clip at the rolled-up end is the way to go for maximum comfort.

Return to “Shared experience for Ball Stretchers”