Half sizing up WMCs and others

Contribute here, your experiences, tips, advice, requests for help on any subject relating to Ball Stretching.
NB attachments are limited to 60Kb / image size max. 500px x 500px and resolution no more than 72dpi please

Moderators: bobbyballsack, DaveSmith, tundraman

tundraman
Sexuality: Bisexual
Time stretching?: 3 + years
Stretching usage: WMCs
Your hang: free 6.5 inch
Stretching intensity: 24/7/365 until I reached my goal.
Now I only stretch when I feel like it.
Height and weight: 70 inch, 155 pounds

Half sizing up WMCs and others

Postby tundraman » June 8th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Half sizing a round crossection weight:
NOTE - The epoxy ( non round) method below should work on these also, but I haven't had the need to resize another 15mm - yet :lol:

I found some stainless steel washers at Home Depot, 6 to a bag for about a dollar. They are: OD of 15.7mm, ID of 7mm and thickness of 1.5mm. As I had a too tight WMC, I resized.

I mounted two washers on a snug fitting bolt with a nut to secure it. Stuck in the the drill.
Then using 400 grit wet or dry sandpaper (Stainless work hardens so trying a file will just make you insane- LOL) laying flat on the bench, grind the washers OD down to just over 15mm with the drill motor running and square to the paper - keeping the piece moving so that the paper doesnt load up with cuttings. Switch to 1000 grit paper and finish reducing the OD and smoothing the edge. I used a caliiper or micrometer to check OD of WMC and washers - with out these you have to keep trial fitting the washers on the WMC carefully as they have sharp edges and will mar WMC and your fingers. Once desired size is reached, tilt the drill to bevel outer edges of washers. Switch washers such that the beveled edges face each over and re install on the bolt and drill to bevel the other two edges. Then I used the bench grinder with a buffing wheel and jewelers rouge to polish the washers, drill motor running. Remove washers and clean off the rouge and check for rough spots - remove them. Trial fit on WMC assembled lightly so that you can center the washers then tighten and check smoothness and washer OD one last time. If OK, disassemble and wash it all up using alcohol as the last step and let dry. Next mixup and apply 5 minute epoxy very lightly on one half of the WMC only where the washers will sit, stay far away from the bolt and pin holes as some epoxy will ooze out from under the washer inside and outside. Place washers centered on WMC half, assemble to other half and very lightly bolt, recenter the washers, tighten bolt a little, check center again and tighten bolt normally. Towel off the epoxy that oozed out and clean your hands checking by touch the smoothnes of the fit on the WMC - adjust if needed - set aside let epoxy set up 12-24 hours. Note that "5 minute" epoxy means 5 minute working time from mixing until it starts to gel. Once fully set remove the WMC bolt and tap on a non-marring surface to seperate the halves as some epoxy always seems to make it to the other side of the washer. I then carefully buff the half with the washers and the other half to remove exposed epoxy. Reassemble WMC and rebuff to make it all smooth. Wash dessasembled WMC with dish soap and warm water to remove all jewellers rouge.
The WMC holes are rarely perfectly centered. Having a good idea of how they must be machined this would be very and unnecessarilly hard to do. So the larger ID washers and epoxy are needed. With over a year run time on this WMC I have had no irritation or other issues. Will note that my gonad prefers seams on the side and larger diameter fore and aft for comfort - with two nuts I'll bet its the other way.

The math: started with a 29.7mm WMC, added a 1.5mm washer totaling 31.2mm ID in one dimension (31.2 +29.7) / 2= 30.45mm rounding and maybe some epoxy thickness gets us 30.5mm average ID for an increase of 0.75 to 0.8 mm.

I am guessing that a second washer could be added but I did'nt need to and the screw loses threads to hold on to each time and things could get unstable/wobbly as the pin also is shallower in its hole.

Initially I didnt epoxy the washers, I used the lube to glue them for assembly on hang. Then would be holding the ring closed around hang centering washers and tightening - that got real old real fast...

Half sizing a non round crossection weight:

This method uses epoxy to build up the mating surface of the non pinned half of the weight. If you can pull the pin it could be used on both halves. I've been told by Onegar that the WMC pins can be pulled with a gentle twisting motion being careful not to mar the pin. After 3 months of using this epoxyed WMC, it's still in great shape and has caused no irritations. Your final average ID will increase by 1/2 the thickness of the epoxy spacer. This WMC is a 29.9mm ID x 30 that strangled when the sack got a chill. Initially I had it up to 31.0mm and have incremantally sanded more to creep up on the ideal size for me. (31, 30.4, 30.25 and 30.1, then peel and redo to 30.6mm now) Wear it for a week or more at each new reduction as epoxy dosent stick well to it's self after exposure to oil/butters.

Clean the half of the weight very good ending with alcohol or some non residue solvent. Next mix up a small amount of 5 minute epoxy. Note that 5 minutes is the working time. Full setting takes 24 hours. I use a post-it pad and a toothpick.
Daub on the epoxy staying well clear of the holes. Start from the inside making a complete ring stopping about 1/8th inch away from the outer edge. Let it sit until the epoxy starts to gell. I put the toothpick on the mixing pad to determine this. If during application the epoxy is starting to gell, discard it and the toothpick and mix up new batch. You will notice a slight taper in the epoxy in the edge on picture, this inner ring will reduce or eliminate that taper. I didnt think of it when I did this weight. It hasent bothered me yet.
Mix up a fresh batch of epoxy and carefully fill in the last 1/8th inch trying to get the "bubble" as vertical as you can without slopping over the edge. Let it sit and fully harden.
If you did slop a little, you can finger nail it off after the epoxy has gelled. Or if too gelled to move you can trim with a sawing action using an Exacto knife being very careful to not mar the weight.

Then using sandpaper flat on a table (I end with 220 grit), draw the weight with the holes lined up across the paper switching the ends frequently. Move to a fresh area of the sandpaper often to prevent the epoxy from balling up in the clogged area of the sandpaper. Visually check the piece often to ensure you are keeping the epoxy layer level side to side and end to end. Continue until the epoxy is the desired thickness. Wash the weight to remove the epoxy dust. and you are ready to go.

NOTE: Guys with both nuts should not have to run weights anywhere as snug as I have to with only one. In the winter I can get by with a 31.6mm ID x 30 WMC.
sm WMC open.JPG
sm WMC open.JPG (72.92 KiB) Viewed 6322 times

sm WMC closed.JPG
sm WMC closed.JPG (77.75 KiB) Viewed 6322 times

These are current pictures after over a years on and off use.
Index of info posts - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=931
Jarod's guide (New link): https://www.secretleather.com/jarod-joh ... hing-guide
Secretleather site for real WMC's: https://www.secretleather.com

Norman
Time stretching?: 2 years 3 months
Your hang: up to 6". I've noticed them drop even more!
Stretching intensity: 15+30+15mm a lot of the time, 30mm 24/7.
Your relationship status: Married (officially or otherwise)
Are you pierced?: No
Height and weight: 67" 154 lbs

Re: Half sizing up WMCs and others

Postby Norman » June 8th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Chuck,
You are an engineer prepared to work, out of necessity, to a great deal of precision.
Your research is valuable to our art. I can't work to that level now, good on you!

Norman
I am travelling along an unknown road but I now see that I am not alone.

Frankenweenie
Stretching usage: 30mm x 32mm plus 15mm x 32mm
Stretching intensity: 24/7/365

Postby Frankenweenie » September 14th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Very cool. I wonder if using nylon washers would work just as well for the round cross-section weights. They would be easier to work down to the desired OD.

weightonpa1
Time stretching?: 5yrs
Stretching usage: WMC
Stretching intensity: 24/7/365. other than when i see GP or Hospital visit.
Are you pierced?: Yes
Height and weight: 5'10"

Postby weightonpa1 » September 14th, 2013, 9:08 pm

Thanks mate just read this and it great info. :D

tundraman

Postby tundraman » September 14th, 2013, 9:49 pm

FW - I think the hard nylon would. I think epoxy would stick to it also. ( There are soft nylon and Teflon washers out there that are used for gaskets and would be "squishy" and extrude out of the gap on you. )
NOTE: "Nothing sticks to Teflon" including epoxy.
Jarod's guide (New link): https://www.secretleather.com/jarod-joh ... hing-guide

Robcer
Time stretching?: 1 year 6 months on and off
Stretching usage: Manual & weights going on 700 grams 24/7 take a few breaks here and there
Your hang: 7 inches weighted
Stretching intensity: As much as I can, as much as the boys let me, not easy!
Height and weight: 6f / 200lb

Postby Robcer » January 6th, 2016, 5:34 am

awesome!!!!!!!!

TrumpJunior
Time stretching?: started August 4,2016...6:17 a.m.!
Stretching usage: 30mmID x 15mm WMC,ordering more weight currently,Added a 2nd 32mmID x15mm on top on September 16,Added a 3rd 15mm x 34mmID on November 13 (should be 24/7 very soon with the 3rd ring)...Also discontinued the 30mm ID ring,replaced it with 32mmID,much more comfortable!As of Jan 2017,my ID size is 34mm,I can't even imagine getting a 30mm ID ring on.In June 2017 started using 45mm x 34mmID weight every other day,alternating with 30mm.July 2017,moved to a 34ID x 45mm as my 24/7."The screwball",about 50% of evenings starting July 2017.
Your hang: Your going down Hillary!
Stretching intensity: Been 24/7 since August 4,did not think work would allow 24/7 but it works :)
Height and weight: 6'2" 200lbs
Other sexual practices: Looking at Large Breasted Women in Sears Christmas Catalog

Postby TrumpJunior » August 31st, 2016, 11:38 am

Chuck,did you use something like JB weld to epoxy the stainless washers to the 15mm ring?

Nice guide :mrgreen: ,I am thinking I may want to add .5mm or so to mine at some point.I am also guessing that when I soon add another 15mm of weight,my top ring is going to have to be larger,but I don't think it will need a full 2mm.Because of my daily activities,I also want and need a snug fitting WMC,I may be a little over-thinking it,because from looking at all the helpful photos of guys on here,I am fortunate to have a decent difference between my hang diameter vs. my testicle diameter to not have to be overly cautious about slip-through,but late in the day,when the shea butter is almost gone,my ring has a tough time rotating as I walk.

tundraman

Postby tundraman » August 31st, 2016, 1:44 pm

I use the general purpose "clear" epoxy that has since held for years in the presence of shea. Not a sign of skin irritation. All it is doing is holding the washers in place while they are not clamped by the ring. It is the same epoxy I used on the 30mm rings to build up spacers for them. I would be concerned with some of the metals/compounds that may be in JB Weld and most other industrial, automotive, high temperature and chemical resistant epoxies to give them those properties. It's great stuff just not for in long term skin contact. I have repaired a neighbor's cracked water jacket in a engine block with it - years later it is still holding. She now has a better idea of "car maintenance" :lol: Even Toyotas need it.

TrumpJunior
Time stretching?: started August 4,2016...6:17 a.m.!
Stretching usage: 30mmID x 15mm WMC,ordering more weight currently,Added a 2nd 32mmID x15mm on top on September 16,Added a 3rd 15mm x 34mmID on November 13 (should be 24/7 very soon with the 3rd ring)...Also discontinued the 30mm ID ring,replaced it with 32mmID,much more comfortable!As of Jan 2017,my ID size is 34mm,I can't even imagine getting a 30mm ID ring on.In June 2017 started using 45mm x 34mmID weight every other day,alternating with 30mm.July 2017,moved to a 34ID x 45mm as my 24/7."The screwball",about 50% of evenings starting July 2017.
Your hang: Your going down Hillary!
Stretching intensity: Been 24/7 since August 4,did not think work would allow 24/7 but it works :)
Height and weight: 6'2" 200lbs
Other sexual practices: Looking at Large Breasted Women in Sears Christmas Catalog

Postby TrumpJunior » September 1st, 2016, 11:12 am

Ha,I've known my share of girls who get a bit pissy when told there is more to it than just sticking gas in it. :)

Good advice about the JB.Did you just grab the 2-part clear at HD?

Hopefully I can squeeze out another month with weight 24/7,after that I want to go with USSRs during work,weight in evenings and weekends.It's too early to tell exactly what my ideal inside diameter may end up being.I would conservatively guess that beside my hang, the size of my testicles themselves have increased 10-15% for the month I have been with the weight. :mrgreen:

tundraman

Postby tundraman » September 1st, 2016, 11:48 am

HD or Walmart. I have the 5 minute, "twin hypo" dispensing Locktight brand around the house right now but I probably had 5 or 20 minute Devcon or Elmer's when I made these. So long as it's a name brand they all seem the same and fresh. I would avoid the various dollar stores as I have gotten old and very slow setting epoxy there.
It's a real mess to clean up a part if the epoxy doesn't set so I always test a small daub on the paper and toothpick mix pad to see if it starts to gel at the end of the advertised working time.

Make the last ring cleaning step a good wipe down with denatured alcohol to strip all fats and residues off the gluing surfaces.

Return to “Shared experience for Ball Stretchers”