My quest for the perfect "lube" for metal stretching

Contribute here, your experiences, tips, advice, requests for help on any subject relating to Ball Stretching.
NB attachments are limited to 60Kb / image size max. 500px x 500px and resolution no more than 72dpi please

Moderators: bobbyballsack, DaveSmith, tundraman

tundraman
Sexuality: Bisexual
Time stretching?: 3 + years
Stretching usage: WMCs
Your hang: free 6.5 inch
Stretching intensity: 24/7/365 until I reached my goal.
Now I only stretch when I feel like it.
Height and weight: 70 inch, 155 pounds

My quest for the perfect "lube" for metal stretching

Postby tundraman » June 4th, 2012, 10:48 pm

This is a string of exerpts from My quest to get a mix that works best for me and my single nut that I posted on Rantillion, 6/2/2012 thru 10/9/2012. If I appears I left out some vital step from this string that is originally 35 posts long let me know.

First, Thanks to Jarod for the help, encouragement and inspiring this - everyone should start with his guide on Secret Leather it's "The Book"

Second, my situation differs from normal in that I only have one testicle. This caused me to search out and try a whole lot of lubes as I needed, it worked out, something that was'nt very slippery so that some of the weight is carried by the bag.
With one round weight siting on one "round" nut, anything other than feather weight would compress the testicle and 24/7 stretching was not possible. I tried smaller ID WMCs down to "strangulation" levels, funneling, ponytailers and rolled sock tops (toddler with fine ribbing - size 6-18 month or larger - 3-5 year) etc.

I am currently 24/7 with 2 pounds of 30mm tall WMCs using shea oil on whole hang with lightly applied Sheacoa only above the weights.
After washing, complete rinsing, towel and air drying the sack, I apply a good layer of shea oil, most of it soaks in an 5 minutes or less, towel off any excess in the area where the bottom ring sits and put a rolled sock top below bottom weight.
Then Sheacoa upper hang area and bottom of sack lightly. After about an hour I can remove the rolled sock and the weights only need readjusting up every 2-4 hours. At 2.5 pounds I just leave the sock on.

BTW 2.5 pounds is a lot on one gonad and it's support system - about the same as 4-5 pounds on two and the cords, vessels and nerves are fragile. Please be gentle, or you'll loose one or both!

This is a list of "lubes" I've tried and notes on their properties as i've perceived them in order of slickest to "dryest":

NOTES: Ingredients in order listed on container - most to least. All the Palmers have pickling ingredients to extend sheif life, thinners like mineral oil and water to make it easy to apply. Believe Jarod's guide or someone somewhere else mentioned something about the potentially drying alcohols in the lists. The rest are edible and commonly used in the finest chocolates but have a sheif life of about one year - I keep all of them in the fridge to extend this life and transfer a small quantity at a time to my bathroom "dispenser" container for use. Doing this also prevents contamination of a whole jar if you forget to wash your hands before applying it. A trace of "shit" between sack and weights WILL make a nasty skin infection as this is a wet environment.
SIDE NOTE: If, like me, you tuck the weights between your legs with balls hanging out the rear at night, wash your ass before bed to keep the e-coli (shit) off the hang. A good wipe is really just a good smear job!
Another SIDE NOTE: You can spot another potential stretcher by his neatly trimmed nails and smooth hands especially in the winter. My hands would normally crack and bleed in the winter even with "hand cremes" and gloves - not since handling the shea and cocoa butters this last winter! Now i don't wash my hands after lubing up i just wipe em off on the scotum towel.

(This list also seems to be in order of longest lasting to shortest lasting, hardest to wash off to easyest)

Mineral oil and Petrolium jelly - very slick, doesn't seem to soak in or improve elasticity of the skin. "Dries" over a period of days. Mineral oil like petroium jelly is a moisture barrior intended to prevent moisture loss from the skin. This over shea etc. could prolong effective lasting power without bagging - if slickness isn't an issue. (Tried this on thigh as I wash the hang twice a day - Thanks KC, really helps comfort to change the "crud" - if anyone can sniff test your own hang WE would love to hear the story and see the pictures. LOL) NOTE: Hell to get out of cotton and can not be gotten out of synthetics - chemically combines.

Palmers Shea butter solid formula - very slick and long lasting, soaks in slow, the mineral oil and wax in it doesn't seem to soak in at all.
Ingredients: shea butter, mineral oil, microcrystaline wax, coconut oil, tocopheyl acetate, BHA, benzyl salicylate, citranelol, hexyl cinnamil aldehyde, linalool and fragrance.

Palmers Cocoa butter stretch mark cream - very slick and long lasting, soaks in slow. Tossed contents and reused jar, so no ingredient list.

Palmers Shea butter lotion formula - medium slick and medim lasting once the water evaporates.
Ingredients: Water, mineral oil, shea butter, stearic acid, isopropyl myristate, propylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, triethanolamine, carbomer 940, PEG-40 stearate, fragrance, methylparabene, diazolidinyl urea, tetrasodium EDTA, topopheryl acetate, benzyle salicylate, citranelol, hexyl cinnamil aldehyde, linalool, propylparaben and caramel.

Pure Prime pressed Cocoa butter (food grade) - medium slick and very long lasting, absorbs slow - still some there a day later.

SL Sheacoa Butter - medium slick and medium long lasting, medium absorbing. Lasts about 12 hours. Using the shea oil to thin this is a lot better than using mineral oil which doesn't help elasticity of the skin for stretching.
Ingrediants: shea butter, cocoa butter and shea oil

100% whipped West African Shea Butter - medium to low slickness as it absorbs over a few hours. (8-12 Hrs.)

100% African Shea Oil - medium to low slickness as it absorbs mostly in 5 minutes the rest, depending on how much you use, lasts a few hours (2-8 Hrs.) Messy to handle - drippy.

Shea Oil VS Shea Butter Of note is that Shea butter is more moisturizing because it includes water as part of it's makeup. I put Shea oil on my sack for it's higher friction. To correct this dryness issue and get maximum stretch, I always make washing, rinsing and towel drying then oiling part of the ritual. Oil acts as a moisture blocker as well and will exclude moisture from the skin. So wash the old oil off and apply new to slightly moist skin.

Shea butter is rich in vitamins A and E unless over heated then the A and to a lesser extent the E breaks down. Extraction from the nut is by crushing and slow boiling to get the butter. The oil goes another step to remove the water. Try to avoid chemically extracted butter or oil. This is why I use food grade shea.

I am not a chemist, health care pro, or any other pro. If I made errors or your experience differs let me know and I'll edit this some more. Thanks Chuck
Gett'er Down, Chuck
Index of info posts - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=931
Jarod's guide: http://www.secretleather.com/jarod.johansen
Dave's Secretleather site for real WMC's: http://www.secretleather.com/

tundraman

Re: My quest for the perfect "lube" for metal stretching

Postby tundraman » June 4th, 2012, 10:50 pm

EVERYONE, please research the whole ingredient label of a product before you use it, using an unbiased source, especially of it is marketed as a food suppliment. Way to often this is done to skirt FDA regulations that require proof of safety and effectiveness FOR THAT USE. Like MSM, it's only FDA approved for artritis, but is getting marketed for a whole lot of other uses with no proof. By the way high levels of MSM is lethal, like most things in this world, a little is good, more? maybe not so good.

I use drugdigest.org a lot - real good library of Rx drugs, OTC drugs and herbs. You can build a list of all the stuff you use and find out if there are interactions. I've called doctors to change my meds based on this several times as they are only busy humans and happy to be caught before symptoms set in.
Gett'er Down, Chuck

tundraman

Postby tundraman » June 4th, 2012, 10:51 pm

I fully agree with Jarod on the Sheacoa butter it's great. For my needs (only have one nut) I must apply it very thinly, then wipe off the "extra" after about ten minutes. I have forgotten to relube and gone 24hrs without sticking/ adhesing to the weight. They have a good balance of moisturizing shea and lubricating cocoa - for the NORMAL guy. I use Shea oil alone but it needs reapplying, as it totally absorbs, about every 8 hours at the thin levels I use. So what I'm seeking for myself is is keeping the properties of the Shea oil and extending time to stickage.

So keep in mind when reading my work that I'm working for an abnormal case of one testicle. Anyone with two would not need to use the high friction end of the scale that I'm working toward.
Gett'er Down, Chuck

tundraman

Postby tundraman » June 4th, 2012, 10:56 pm

Noticed in the last two days that the shea oil is a lot more comfortable than the shea butter when the humidity shoots up in the afternoon. The shea butter seems to hold its lubricating propreties at a constant level between the 6th and 14th hour after application. I live in high plains dessert country in Albuquerque daytime humidity runs quite low. Our monsoon season has started and humidity shoots up to 80% or more before it starts to sprinkle. It never feels clammy. But my sack gets clammy/sticky with the shea butter but not with the shea oil. Looks like the choice is reapply oil every 6-8 hours or get "sticky balls" syndrome - Fun at the right time - LOL

Updates 7/11, 7/12 AM
- The humidity being high seems to be extending the lasting power of the shea oil with a (2) to a (1) on chart between 8 and 14 hours. And I switched to the smaller 30mm WMC to run this test - to be consistant.
Gett'er Down, Chuck

tundraman

Postby tundraman » June 4th, 2012, 10:57 pm

At 17 days this 50/50 mix by weight of shea oil and WHIPPED shea butter is really awesome. My sack skin is soft, stretchy and smooth even after washing and drying. The weights don't stick even before re applying the shea, but my hang still drops a half to a whole inch after relubing. There are air bubbles in the mix from the whipped shea losing some of it's whip, as the added oil makes it too heavy to stay whipped at room temperature. But there is no sign of oil and butter seperation yet. The ingredients especially the whipped butter are costly but as a little goes a long way, it isn't that much more and the results are great! At the light levels I am applying it, wicking problems are trivial. I do give it a half hour or so to soak in before socking the hang.

By volume it is about 2 parts whipped shea butter to 1 part shea oil using the brand and batch I have. Different brands and different batches of the same brand will have more or less air whipped in. The shea butter being whipped is about half air that has no weight. An "8 fl. oz." container has closer to 4 oz. by weight of whipped shea butter. A bit misleading on the labeling of the container. I don't know if "fluid ounces" is legally a volume or weight measurement for product labelling.

Making this from unwhipped butter and oil is possible with heat, a strong mixer or a strong arm and a few helpers to help with the whipping. If you have ever made old fashioned chocolate fudge, the whipping process is the same to get the light texture from trapping air in the mix - whipping for a half to a whole hour as the mix cools.
Hmm - this sounds like a job for my ice cream freezer without the ice ??? This or fudge! I may HAVE to try it and get back to you a few pounds heavyer -
Gett'er Down, Chuck

bucket

Postby bucket » June 5th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Tundra man thanks for all the good info I am just starting just placed an order yesterday I too only have one ball and have been hesitant about doing this because I am sure we have problems that have to be dealt with I may be asking you for advice once I get started Thanks

tundraman

Postby tundraman » June 5th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Bucket - Oh brother Uniball aka swinging single. welcome! You make 3 known singleton stretchers I know of now - including me. At %5 of the general population single ballers are under represented in stretching. I hope I have shown that singles can stretch and do it well. Maybe we only got one, but it can swing just as well. I moved over my post on the nylon sleeves I use. Got any questions give me a holler.
Gett'er Down, Chuck

bucket

Postby bucket » June 6th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Tundraman I ordered a 15 mil 40 wmc and a weighted 1.5 leather. After reading you post I think that might be to much. My thought was to use which ever is most comfertabe. What do you think ?
Last edited by bucket on June 6th, 2012, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tundraman

Postby tundraman » June 6th, 2012, 2:16 pm

Wear the 15mm until you have gotten used to the weight and have room for the leather. I never could make the weighted leathers comfy here.
Gett'er Down, Chuck

tundraman

Postby tundraman » July 25th, 2013, 1:27 am

Dave's SheaCoa © butter works great. This is a less slick mix without the cocoa butter for those that need it.
I realized I haven't posted the clear recipe/mixing instructions for my shea oil/butter mix.

This works regardless of whether the butter is whipped or not.
Measuring by weight is the only repeatable way as the butter varies in density from batch to batch due to air getting whipped into the butter.

Start out with all ingredients at room temperature.

Into a mixing bowl weigh in equal weights of pure shea butter and pure shea oil.

Mix the two together with a fork. If the butter is too hard use short zaps in the microwave - mixing between zaps to get the mix to where you can mix together. You want to keep the butter in the semi solid state - never liquid. Once the butter chunks are small, I switch to using a whisk to whip the two together to a nice creamy "buttery" mix. - like frosting.

Pour/spoon it into prepared storage containers and store it in the fridge just to keep it fresh and solid.

I use a shot glass kept on my bathroom counter as my dispensing container and transfer some mix from the cold storage container to it when it gets empty. When it warms to room temperature it will be quite soft and creamy.

You maybe able to find shea in the health food store maybe even in the food section.
But I get mine online:
The pure minimally processed pure butter ( Yes, I said pure twice -it's important ) :
http://www.naturessheabutter.com/Beige- ... bsba16.htm

The pure shea oil: (on US Amazon)
http://www.amazon.com/African-Shea-Butt ... d_sim_bt_2
Or Dave at Secret leather sells it.

Pure shea is expensive so most of what you will find in stores is diluted down with cheaper ingredients. Don't buy them, pure shea has everthing you need and nothing that will cause problems. NOTE It is from the nut of the shea tree - if you are sensitive to nuts....I don't know if you will react but be aware. Are you allergic to chocolates?
By using only the pure product you will need very little on your hang. Most soaks in in about 10 minutes and I have very little transfer to my clothes.
I mix up a whole "16 fl. oz."container of butter ( about 12 oz. wt.) with oil at a time and it lasts almost a year!

This stuff is edible - it's used in making those fine "melt in your mouth" chocolates :D
My dog loves this and tries to "clean my hang" at every opportunity :roll: :twisted:
Gett'er Down, Chuck

Return to “Shared experience for Ball Stretchers”