Shaft Collars?

Post here for issues to do with sizing and finding the right size weight

Moderators: bobbyballsack, DaveSmith, tundraman

sky_pirate
Sexuality: Gay

Shaft Collars?

Postby sky_pirate » May 16th, 2012, 12:47 am

I know they're not an official ball-stretching device, but has anyone on here had any experience using industrial shaft collars for ball stretching?

Chumy
Time stretching?: 3 years
Stretching usage: Ball weights and manual streching.
Stretching intensity: On an off and some time 24/7.
Are you pierced?: No

Re: Shaft Collars?

Postby Chumy » May 16th, 2012, 3:32 am

When I started weight balls I use them, but I do not advise using it because they tend to hurt a lot of the scrotum, as the edges are slightly edged. You can use them, but at the base have to use one that is rounded like that sells Dave.

tundraman
Sexuality: Bisexual
Time stretching?: 3 + years
Stretching usage: WMCs
Your hang: free 6.5 inch
Stretching intensity: 24/7/365 until I reached my goal.
Now I only stretch when I feel like it.
Height and weight: 70 inch, 155 pounds

Postby tundraman » May 16th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Shaft collars are sized for the shaft they are to go on with a 1/8 to 1/4 inch gap between the halves. So fully closed they are a lot smaller and out of round with sharp edges all over. They are out there in stainless for special uses. But the alloys we use (304 and 316L surgical stainless) have the nickel content well bound in the steel matrix so it dosen't leach out, It is a softer alloy that makes a weak clamp on a shaft. So they use a stronger stainless steel that may leach the nickel onto your skin that will create problems in long term contact with your skin. If not allergic now, you eventually will sensitize to nickel down the road and develop rashes.
The nickel info I got straight from my allergy doctor when I was having trouble with my earring that I used to wear when it was the fad.
Like latex, once senitized your are sensitve to the substance for life. I know quite a few people who can't wear metal backed watches even stainless for this exact cause.
Gett'er Down, Chuck
Index of info posts - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=931
Jarod's guide: http://www.secretleather.com/jarod.johansen
Dave's Secretleather site for real WMC's: http://www.secretleather.com/

CoastGuardJon

Postby CoastGuardJon » May 16th, 2012, 8:18 pm

Like Chumy, I tried them for cheapness and to get an idea of sizing, but don't consider them for long-term stretching. Are you US or UK based?

sky_pirate

Postby sky_pirate » May 16th, 2012, 9:21 pm

I'm actually based in Canada. I've ordered the shaft collar in black oxide coated steel. If they work out okay, I may order more, or save up for something from Secret Leather. I just wanted to start right away and couldn't justify the outlay of cash.

Chumy
Time stretching?: 3 years
Stretching usage: Ball weights and manual streching.
Stretching intensity: On an off and some time 24/7.

Postby Chumy » May 16th, 2012, 10:41 pm

sky_pirate wrote:I'm actually based in Canada. I've ordered the shaft collar in black oxide coated steel. If they work out okay, I may order more, or save up for something from Secret Leather. I just wanted to start right away and couldn't justify the outlay of cash.

It's better if you use shaft collar type 303 or 316 Stainless Steel, don't put at risk your "nuts".

grampareg
Sexuality: Bisexual
Time stretching?: 12 years now
Stretching usage: Stainless weights
Your hang: 7 inches
Stretching intensity: 24 hours a day for 6 days at a time
Your relationship status: Married (officially or otherwise)
Are you pierced?: Yes
Height and weight: 6ft
Other sexual practices: Cbt ball piercing

Postby grampareg » November 5th, 2016, 11:32 pm

I use stainless 1.625 Id inches and I wear them when I want to make sure weights are not coming off. I have 4 of them

Old Hilly
Time stretching?: Over 12 months
Stretching usage: A 34mmID X 16mm and a 38x16 high weights stacked together.
Your hang: 100 to 160mm
Stretching intensity: Mainly 24/7
Your relationship status: Married (officially or otherwise)

Postby Old Hilly » January 21st, 2017, 7:44 am

These collars are not readily available anywhere near where I live (rural Australia) and having felt the finish on some of the collars I have seen on some machines I have worked on, well, I would need to do some serious buffing and polishing before I wore them at all.
On the other hand, as a size indicator they would be fantastic! If someone were to make them out of plastic with the same dimensions (ID and OD) as the proper steel weights and they were cheap those of us that were uncertain of what size ring to buy could just order 3 or 4 sizes, pick out the one that fits best and order that size in stainless steel.

Return to “Finding the right size weight”